Thursday 1 September 2011

Cameron's Dark 266

A 6-pack of Cameron's Dark 266 arrived in my fridge courtesy of the lovely and brilliant Krista, a great friend and big supporter of the blog.  What kind of ungrateful sod would I be if I failed to deliver a review?
The Dark 266 hails from Oakville, Ontario.  It is produced by the Cameron's Brewing Co., is served in 341mL bottles and weighs in at a slightly light 4.5%.  Frustratingly, there is no indication what the enigmatic "266" stands for.  If anyone out there knows, I would love an answer.  Though this brew came to me in 6-pack form, one of my favourite things about Cameron's which I think is worth mentioning is that they sell their products in 9-packs.  Nine beers!  What a concept.  To me, the 9-pack makes a lot of sense.  Fits nicely in the fridge, easy to carry, great for parties when six isn't enough, but 12 is too many.  I wish more breweries would get on the 9-pack train.

Anyhow, back to the beer.  The Dark 266 would, I suppose, be classed as a dark lager.  It pours a very dark brownish red, with a thin head.  However, despite the thin head, it does display nice lacing.  The beer has a bitter aroma of roasted nuts.  Its taste is decidedly malty, with a mildly bitter aftertaste oddly reminiscent of sourdough bread.

This is a pretty fine product; one well worth checking out.  I suspect that it might be even better on tap, though I have never had the privilege.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. I’m drinking their lager and it is rather nice. Maybe ask them about the 266 on Twitter: @Cameronsbrewing.

    ReplyDelete