Wednesday 1 August 2012

Stillwater Debutante

Stillwater Artisanal Ales come from Baltimore, Maryland. I found one of their offerings, the Debutante Farmhouse Ale, on tap at a DC beer bar. This saison, poured on tap into a 10oz glass, arrived a cloudy orange-gold colour topped with a thin white head.  According to the bar list, the brew contains 6.4% alcohol.
Debutante had a crisp, malty aroma and a flavour that was moderately tart, and featured some notes of yeast and citrus. The mouthfeel was notably dry. I had no idea at the time, but after checking out the brewer's blog, I learned that the brew was made with spelt and rye, and contains various other plants and herbs. The beer was very refreshing and quite intriguing.

A very interesting beer, Debutante made me realize how much I have to learn about saisons as a style, and that's fine by me.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment