Sunday 25 September 2011

Goose Island Beer Company-Green Line Pale Ale

My beer tour of Chicago continued with Goose Island Beer Company's Green Line Pale Ale.  According to the beer list at the bar, Goose Island Beer Company was Chicago's original brewery.  They've put together a fine roster of beers that I enjoyed throughout my stay in the Windy City.
Enjoyed on tap with a delicious pastrami sandwich at Miller's Pub, this little beauty weighed in at 5% alcohol.  It was a slightly cloudy yellow-amber colour.  It smelled sweet, with a faint aroma of orange peel.  The moderate hops flavour is the main feature.  The beer was pleasantly bitter from initial taste though the aftertaste, without going overboard.

This was a pretty fine brew; one that I would gladly order again if I were to be back in Chicago.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment