Wednesday 22 May 2013

MIll Street Lemon Tea Beer

Toronto, Ontario's Mill Street Brewery makes Mill Street Lemon Tea Beer, a 5% alcohol tea flavoured beer, which comes in 473mL cans.  According to the can, M.S.L.T.B. is a "flavoured wheat beer" infused with both orange pekoe and Earl Grey teas.

M.S.L.T.B. pours a cloudy golden orange colour. It's topped with a fair amount of off-white head. The aroma is sweet and citrus-y, with some nuanced tea notes. The flavour combines citrus with a dry but refreshing tea blast.

For me, there isn't enough "beer" nestled amongst the tea and lemon flavours to keep me satisfied. It's a great thirst quencher, but not really my style. (I had to fight the urge to say that it's "not my cup of tea..."). Though not for me, I can definitely see how this stuff would be a big hit with some people. It certainly makes a refreshing summer drink.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment