Friday 28 October 2016

Lupulin Thrill IPA

During my two-night residency at San Diego's Cuban Cigar Factory, I spent an enjoyable time with Lupulin Thrill IPA, from SD's Bootlegger's Brewery. My 22oz draft showed up looking fresh and fine--golden orange and hazy, though it had only a ring of eggshell head.

Lupulin Thrill had that classic West Coast IPA nose--fruity and strong, with a nice level of hoppiness. The taste was sweet first, with a boatload of citrus and tropical notes. LT finished with some bitterness, but not as boldly as I'd have wished.

LT wasn't the hoppiest IPA I tried during my West Coast travels, and that hurt it a bit. It was enjoyable, though, and well worth a try. It definitely left me curious about Bootlegger's and their other offerings.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment