Monday 30 May 2016

Bandit's APA


Bandit Brewery opened a few weeks ago in Toronto's Dundas West neighbourhood. It's a place I've had my eye on since their raccoon mask signs first appeared a few months ago and I've been itching to try it. The Bitter Wife and I made the trek (actually a short streetcar ride from our place) on a gorgeous spring day.


The first beer I opted to try was called Bandit's APA, a 5.25%, 40 IBU American pale ale. I got myself a 16oz pour of the highly carbonated, almost clear, ruddy ale on tap. My glass showed up with a thin but unrelenting layer of off-white head. It had a mild but enticing nose with a fresh hops vibe. The flavour is floral, with dry bitterness leading the charge. Underneath, there was a slight grainy sweetness that really added a bit of value.
 

My first brush with a Bandit brew was definitely satisfactory. Bandit's APA wasn't life-altering, but it was well made and extremely fresh. The bitterness level was delightful, but there could have been a bit more charm in the front end. 

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment