Thursday 26 May 2016

Flight Delay IPA

Barnstormer Brewing Company works its magic in Barrie, Ontario. I recently spotted a can of their Flight Delay IPA at my local beer vender and, despite the remarkably unattractive packaging, I came home with a couple of 473mL vessels of the stuff. At 6.5%, Flight Delay has a standard amount of juice, but its 85 IBUs put in on the uncommonly bitter side of things.

The suds themselves are hazy and orange, with a loose off-white head. There is a soft aroma that hints at the presence of fruity hops. The flavour packs the expected bitter wallop, manifested both by tropical fruit and resinous elements. 

As a certified hops zealot, the massive amount of bitterness in this beer left me feeling really satisfied. Where I felt a bit let down was is the malt side of the equation, which I found a bit thin and underdeveloped. Despite this, and the less than beautiful packaging, I will most certainly be buying this stuff again.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment