Friday 20 May 2016

Murder of Crows

Beers from Sarnia, Ontario's Refined Fool Brewing Co. have been appearing at my neighbourhood liquor store and I've been guzzling them down at an immoderate pace. One such ale that turned up recently was a black IPA called Murder of Crows. The 650mL bottle and the 8% alcohol both appealed to me, but what really caught my eye were the 90 IBUs, which is just a lovely amount of bitterness.

The beer proved to be a handsome black number with a thick covering of tan head. For a strong and bitter beer, there was not a particularly potent aroma, but what was there was quite pleasant. It had a mild roasted malt scent and a whiff of resinous hops. There was definitely no shortage of flavour, though--lots of roasty notes, a bit of sweetness, and a serious hops presence.

Murder of Crows is a weighty and assertive dark ale. It's a bit sweet and boozy, but I definitely enjoyed it all the same.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment