Sunday 23 September 2018

The Patriarchy


Parsons Brewing Co. has me figured out. They’ve landed on a formula guaranteed to divest me of almost any amount of money south of $50. How? By creating a serious of stouts; all variations on a theme. That theme is the “Devil’s Right Hand Stout”, in three (or more) expressions. The three they nabbed me with are “The Son”, “The Father”, and “The Legend”.

On the downside, Parsons opted to drape their bottles in twine and cardboard placards, rather than providing proper details on the waxed-dipped 650mL bottles themselves. A fine practice if you buy one bottle at a time, or if you don’t spend the next several hours driving on back roads. As a result of some bumpy driving, all three bottles shed their placards, so one of the challenges was identifying which bottle was which based on limited info. Fortunately, I’m the Stout Man, and I’m pretty sure I got it all sorted (aided in no small part by the fact that the cap of “The Legend” wasn’t waxed).

Stay tuned over the next week for my thoughts on this trio of stouts from Prince Edward County, Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment