Monday 3 September 2018

The Judge APA

While in Picton, the seat of Ontario’s Prince Edward County, the Bitter Wife and I made a stop at 555 Brewing Co., conveniently located almost directly across the street from our hotel. I tried a couple of different offerings while there, but the one I decided to write up was The Judge, 555’s 5.6% 45 IBU American Pale Ale. Brewed with local hops (from Pleasant Valley Hops), the beer was clear, gold, and topped with a sudsy white head.

The Jury had a dry and slightly floral citrus nose. Fairly easy-drinking, the APA was bright and citrusy, with a finish that balanced bitterness with biscuity malt.

A fine and enjoyable beer, The Jury isn’t a novel brew, but it tasted nice and kicked off my visit to 555 with aplomb. If I were in Picton again, id definitely revisit this perky little number.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment