Sunday 11 December 2011

Cheshire Valley-Out of this World

Sitting in a pub recently, I was perusing the beer list for something I'd never tried before.  I came across a listing for Cheshire Valley Out of this World.  Nothing more.  It didn't even tell me what style of beer it is.  I had nothing to go on--I'd never even heard of the brewery.  You'd better believe I went for it.

Some quick smartphone research taught me that the Cheshire Valley Brewing Company is somehow associated with the Black Oak Brewery in Etobicoke, Ontario.  That was about all the information that I could distill from their website.  Still no idea what kind of beer I had ordered.
The Out of this World arrived.  It was a reasonably clear brownish orange colour with very little head or lace and limited carbonation.  It had a mild, sweetish aroma with a bit of hops character.  The taste went sweet to bitter with notes of caramel and apricot.  The finish was moderately hoppy.

I'm going to go out on a limb and call this one an amber ale.  Maybe a pale ale.  It wasn't remarkable, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.  I'd like a bit more flavour and a bit more carbonation.  Still, it was a nice pint and I'd probably buy it again.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment