Saturday 16 March 2019

Prospect (DDH Simcoe)

Prospect is a series of single hop IPAs made by Toronto’s outstanding Left Field Brewery. The 355mL cans are, unfortunately, way overpriced in the provincial liquor stores, but when I saw a DDH Simcoe edition of Prospect, I snapped it up pretty quick anyway.


At 6.7%, the beer has decent strength. It’s a hazy, slightly milky golden ale that poured with a sudsy white head. To my nose, the beer had a juicy, tropical fruit nose spiked with something slightly floral. Simcoe Prospect tasted surprisingly boozy, with notes of over-ripe mango, some sticky resin, and a flourish of bitterness at the back end.

This was a tasty, dank, and juicy IPA with some verve. Questionable price tag nothwithstanding, I thought it was pretty good stuff, though I’d have liked a beefier IBU presence.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment