Friday 8 March 2019

Spaghetti Western Double IPA

During a holiday jaunt to Victoria, BC, I picked up a can of Spaghetti Western Double IPA. The 473mL can featured a cowboy-togged pile of noodles driving a wagon filled with hops, and that was enough to convince me to bring the 8.6%, 75 IBU beer home with me. Brewed in Vancouver, SW is made by Coal Harbour Brewing Co.

Spaghetti Western was a slightly hazy orange grog that poured with a thin covering of off-white head. It had a punchy, sweet evergreen flavour. The beer had big sweets up front over a malty body and a back end chock full of piney hops notes.

A bit too sweet in the whole, Spaghetti Western still had great strength a bit of charm, all wrapped up in a decidedly fun can. Glad I bought it, though I don’t imagine I’d buy it again.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment