Sunday 16 February 2014

White Picket Fence

White Picket Fence is yet another offering from Toronto, Ontario's awesome Bellwoods Brewery. This one is a Belgian-style witbier. I enjoyed a 16oz. glass on tap at the brewery. It contains a slightly underwhelming 4.8% alcohol and had a cloudy, slightly dull, yellow-gold appearance. It arrived capped with a quickly thinning white head.


It has a nice, clean scent--yeasty, with considerable orange peel notes. W.P.F. is a thin-bodied brew, but  it has a fairly bubbly nature. I found it to be excellently thirst quenching, but not quite as flavourful as I'd been hoping for. Like a classic wit, White Picket Fence has flavour notes of citrus and some (faint) spice. It also has a dose of yeastiness.

I absolutely love the aesthetic cultivated by Bellwoods Brewery

I think it's cool that Bellwoods is making a couple of sessionable, low alcohol brews. However, I wasn't totally blown away by White Picket Fence.  It's a bit too thin and not sufficiently flavourful to bring me back to the yard.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment