Sunday 5 January 2014

Tree Hop Head Double India Pale Ale

So far in 2014, I've been focusing on (and really enjoying) strong beers--no reason to stop that trend. Tree Hop Head Double India Pale Ale clocks in at a potent 8.5% alcohol. It is brewed in Kelowna, British Columbia by the Tree Brewing Co. and sold in 650mL bottles.



Tree's Double I.P.A. pours a gently cloudy copper colour topped with a lusty cream head. It has an amble hop aroma that features notes of caramel and evergreen, alongside a whiff of citrus rind. This bitter brew has a very dry mouthfeel and some notes of orange peel. There is just enough mild caramel sweetness to keep things balanced.

Like its eponymous cousin, Hop Head India Pale Ale, the Double I.P.A. comes with hops to spare. It's a flavourful and nicely balanced option from Tree. I have very little to complain about. It's not the best double I.P.A. out there, but it's certainly a good one.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment