Friday 31 January 2014

Bia IPA

Bia IPA is a first for me: an Italian India pale ale. It's brewed by Birrificio del Ducato, Roncola Verdí di Busseto, Italy. It is sold in vivid 330mL bottles and contains 6.5% alcohol. It pours a tarnished gold colour and is quite cloudy. It is crowned with a quickly fading white head.


Bia has a bright, hoppy aroma of tart citrus. The flavour kicks off on the thin side, but builds to a tangy, bitter finish. There are notes of grapefruit and other citrus fruits present.


Judging by the brightly coloured label, I was expecting this I.P.A. to have a loud and exciting flavour. Its actual flavour was a bit more restrained than I'd anticipated. It has a nice, citrus hop vibe and a healthy alcohol content, but I feel like it would benefit from a bit more flavour and body, particularly on the front end. This is a fine beer--interesting, but not captivating. Truthfully, I felt a little bit disappointed.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment