Tuesday 17 September 2013

Mackeson XXX Triple Stout

Mackeson XXX Triple Stout is a milk stout out of Champs Fleurs, Trinidad, West Indies. Brewed by the Carib Brewery, Mackeson is sold in 330mL bottles and contains 4.9% alcohol. I really dig the Mackeson label, which features three dudes standing in some kind of unusual pyramid.


The Triple Stout is an oil black brew topped with a tan head. Its sweet aroma has notes of milk chocolate and molasses. It boasts a smooth, creamy mouthfeel, which compliments a flavour that encompasses notes of chocolate, brown sugar, and vanilla.


The Mackeson Triple Stout is a very sweet and creamy stout. It's a bit on the sugary side for my tastes--I can't picture myself drinking more than one in a night. If you like your stouts sweet and smooth, this is the stuff for you. Personally, I prefer a bit more bitterness in my dark ales.


Rating: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment