Sunday 13 October 2013

Windhoek

This stuff tricked me. It wasn't until I was out of the store that I noticed that I had bought a light lager. Damn that fine print! Still, I bought myself six of 'em, so I figured that I should type up a review.

Windhoek hails from Windhoek, Namibia, where it is brewed by Namibia Breweries Ltd. It is sold in 330mL bottles and contains a wispy 4% alcohol. Windhoek pours a strikingly clear pale straw colour, moderately carbonated, and topped with a white head. The aroma is respectably grainy.

For a light beer with 4% alcohol, Windhoek is quite flavourful. Relatively ample bitterness in the finish is preceded by a mellow, somewhat thin sweetness. It's a bit weak on the front end, but still pretty satisfying. My wife really liked it, which is worth something.

For a light beer, this stuff is great! It puts the flavourless macro-brewed dross to shame. However, compared to other lagers, it was only adequate--"not bad-aquate". This made it hard to score.

Rating: 7.0 (when combined to other pale lagers), 9.0 (when compared to light lagers).


No comments:

Post a Comment