Wednesday 23 October 2013

Lions Winter Ale

Earlier this week, I reviewed an autumn lager, so it only seems fitting that I follow that with a winter Ale. Lions Winter Ale is brewed by Vancouver, British Columbia's Granville Island Brewing Co.  It contains 5.5% alcohol and is sold in 473mL cans.

Lions is a clear, reddish brown ale, capped with an off-white head. It has a sweet, malty nose with some white chocolate notes. A roasted malt flavour is accompanied by some cacao notes. The can talks about a "vanilla-like finish", but I got white chocolate. There is atterness.lso just a hint of hoppy bitterness.

This is an impressively smooth bodied ale. It's nice stuff, though for me it is a touch too sweet to enjoy more than one in a single go. I think that this seasonal brew would be a great accompanyment to a chocolatey dessert.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment