Friday 11 October 2013

Seiglerie

Seiglerie is a rye bitter ale. It's brewed by Brasseurs du Monde and hails from Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec. It pours a cloudy orange-gold colour topped with a thick puff of eggshell head. According to the label, this stuff is brewed using goldings and fuggles hops, as well as a measure of rye. Its nose has some metallic notes as well as some decent fruity hops qualities.

This is a very quaffable brew. The flavour begins in Malt-town and then sets a course for Bittersville. En route, there are some interesting grain notes provided, I presume, by the use of rye in the brewing process.

In the classic British best bitter style, this beer has very low alcohol content: just 4%, If I were the one pulling the strings, I would definitely up the dosage a bit. Still, it works pretty well as it is. It is sold in 500mL bottles.


I am currently pretty fascinated by the use of rye in beer, so I was pretty pumped when I stumbled across this stuff. It proved to be a very enjoyable, extremely sessionable beer with considerable charm. It's a cool Quebecois take on an English favourite.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment