Wednesday 24 October 2012

Rocketdog Rye I.P.A.

Another entry from Ponderay, Idaho's Laughing Dog Brewing Company, Rocketdog Rye I.P.A. pours a clear, moderately carbonated golden colour. There is an off-white head made up of thick rolling hills of foam. It contains 6.9% alcohol and comes in a 22oz bottle. According to the cool looking label, it clocks in at 62 IBUs.
 Rocketdog has a mild, citrus-y hops aroma, with some bready notes. It isn't wildly flavourful, but is tasty and interesting. It's a bit bitter, with some citrus character--notably some grapefruit notes. It has a short, hoppy aftertaste.
I spent an unusual amount of time considering Rocketdog, trying to decide whether I liked it or not. Ultimately, I concluded that I did.  It's mild tasting, but interesting. There's considerable alcohol content, but without tasting too strong. Plus, I'm always quite interested in rye brews.  I'd drink it again.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment