Tuesday 30 October 2012

Crabbie's Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer

I know, I know.  It's not technically beer.  Still, this "flavoured alcoholic beverage" came from the beer section of the liquor store and looked pretty good to me, so I figured I'd give it a review.  Besides, it looked for all the world like a pale lager--clear straw colour with a white head and moderate carbonation. It's produced by John Crabbie & Co. of Glasgow, Scotland. It comes in a 500mL bottle and weighs in at 4%.  The bottle recommended serving Crabbie's over ice with lemon, but I opted for the brew straight up at first and added ice and lemon half way through.
Crabbie's has a big ginger aroma, a lot like most of the non-alcoholic ginger beers I've tried. It's sweet, gingery, and oddly refreshing.  When I added ice and lemon, it became that much more of a summer drink.
I didn't rate this stuff as I would a beer, because it ain't beer.  But I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. It's delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment