Saturday 19 January 2019

Earl Grey Pale Ale

From Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Earl Grey Pale Ale comes from the folks at Abe Erb Brewing Company. The 5.4% alcohol brew is made with cream of Earl Grey tea and comes in 341mL stubbies.


Before I get started on my review I should confess a sin: this smallish bottle of beer was overlooked in the back of my fridge for a few months so it wasn’t at its freshest when I finally pried it open. Still, I found the bottle contained a decently carbonated clear golden ale. Through a thin head wafted an earthy, mellow nose with a slightly spicy bent. The flavour is herbaceous, given an interesting twist by the tea, before settling into a crisply bitter finish.

EGPA is a tasty and innovative little brew. It’s subtle in taste, but also packs enough booze to go for a minor rip.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment