Monday 25 February 2013

Tree Raspberry Porter

I enjoyed a bottle of Tree Brewing Co.'s Raspberry Porter with my brother.  Brother graciously agreed to participate in a co-review.
Tree Brewing Co. hails from Kelowna, B.C. They sell their 5% alcohol Raspberry Porter in 650mL bottles. It pours a blackish ruby colour topped with a cream head. Despite the fact that Bro was suffering from a cold, he and I agreed that the aroma had a chocolatey quality overlaying a sweet raspberry body.

According to my brother, the flavour was reminiscent of a raspberry chocolate bar. My take was that it had a mocha body built around a raspberry base, building to a sweet finish.  I would have liked to see a bit more bitterness to bulk up the beer and offset the sweetness.
 This is a pretty good beer, but it suffers for being a bit too sweet and not quite as bold as I'd have liked. I feel like it could be more assertive. Also, a bit more booze would have been a treat.

Rating(s): Stout Man--7.0 out of 10.  Brother--7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment