Monday 3 December 2012

St.-Ambroise Framboise

I'm sure that I'm not the first to make this observation, , but as I looked at the cloudy red haze that is St.-Ambroise Framboise and took in the aroma of raspberry pie, I couldn't help but think that you'd be hard pressed to spell F-R-A-M-B-O-I-S-E without Ambroise.
This raspberry flavoured ale is a product of Montreal, Quebec's McAuslan Brewing Inc. It's sold in 341mL bottles and contains 5% alcohol. As I've already mentioned, the Framboise is reddish.  It is topped with a cloudy head that features a pinkish hue.  It's aroma is of raspberry--pie or jam.  There is considerable fruit flavour ably backed by a beery base.
Tasty and refreshing, this beer screams for warm weather. There's raspberry flavour from start to finish, but with enough hoppiness to remind you that you're drinking a beer. It's a fine fruit beer from a brewery that can seemingly do no wrong.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment