Tuesday 10 July 2012

Black Creek Porter

This is awesome!  This brewery is right in the middle of the Black Creek Pioneer Village in Toronto.  Apparently, they seek to recreate ales from Ontario's past and I want to try them.  I am SUPER excited to go visit this brewery!

Their porter is sold in 500mL bottles and checks in at 5% alcohol.  It pours a really deep ruby colour that is approaching black.  It is topped by a fairly thin layer of off-white head and has a toasty, chocolatey aroma.  Black Creek Porter has a relatively thin mouthfeel and an unexpectedly mild flavour that encompasses molasses, toasted nuts, and cacao.  There is a bit of doughy bitterness in the aftertaste.

This brew isn't quite as robust as I might like my ideal porter to be--I'd like a bit more body and a bit more oomph.  Still, Black Creek Porter has some excellent attributes: it's mellow, smooth, and highly drinkable.

Stay tuned for a post about the brewery.  I can't wait to head out there and have a look.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment