Sunday 8 July 2012

Mythos Hellenic Lager

*Disclaimer:  Mythos is not nearly as awesome as I think it is.  I know this.  I know that it is a better-than-average but not outstanding pale lager.  But I have some seriously positive memories of downing oceans of this little brew while on vacation in Greece.  On a hot day in a beautiful foreign land, these bad boys definitely get the job done.
Mythos comes from Thessaloniki, Greece.  It comes in snazzy 300mL bottles and contains 4.7% alcohol.  It pours a bright yellow straw colour.  It is quite clear and has a cloudy white head and loads of carbonation.  The aroma is grainy and bready.  The flavour is similarly bready--notes of grain and barley.  It moves from sweet to bitter.  The aftertaste is bitter with a pleasant sourdough quality.

Mythos is not outstanding.  But it is a good quality pale lager.  It is pretty damn enjoyable, and I'm going to keep buying it every now and again.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment