Sunday 6 March 2022

Paper Salesman Pale Ale

 During an impromptu visit to Canada’s capital city, I insisted on a first-ever visit to Dominion City Brewing Co., a brewery that I have ordered from several times but never set foot inside. After a couple of IPAs and a tasty BLT from Almanac Bakery, I went into DCBC’s “Corner Store” and dropped some dough. One of the beers that left with me was Paper Salesman Pale Ale. The 5.6% brew came in office-themed 473mL cans. The beer inside proved to be hazy orange with a fairly thin layer of eggshell foam.

Paper Salesman has big tropical aromatics and a flavour to match. Both were built around a mango-heavy fruit salad; a bit on the sweet end, but certainly enjoyable. The fruit juiciness carried on from start to finish, with just a faint dip into citrus bitterness.

A couple of the hazy IPAs that I bought from DCBC on this run were a bit heavy on the sediment; however, Paper Salesman kept is hazy right where it belonged. Really a nice little pick-me-up that brought me all the way back after a short afternoon hike in Orleans. A bit less sweetness is all I’d ask of this tasty ale.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment