Friday 7 May 2021

Sklepník Ve Dřevě

 The lager lineup at Toronto’s Godspeed Brewery is, based on my experience, the very best in Ontario. Another excellent offering is Pivovar Godspeed--Sklepník Ve Dřevě . The copy on the 355mL can is mostly in Czech (?), but I was able to glean that the beer is 4.4%. It’s a rich golden lager with a touch of cloudiness and a thin layer of off-white suds.



PG has a crisp, grainy/floral aroma. The beer is bright and refreshing. It’s got sweet grain and metallic notes out front, and it’s backed with peppery, floral hops.

Pivovar Godspeed has a distinctly European feel and flavour. I bought six and I was really glad to have ‘em and wouldn’t have been angry with a couple more in the fridge. It’s not really my idea of a February beer, but I’d take it year round.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment