Friday 21 May 2021

525,600 Minutes

 Given the name, timing and the masked Guy Fawkes-esque image on the 473mL can, I’d have to assume that 525,600 Minutes is an ode to the year-plus many of us have spent in quarantine (maybe "ode" isn't the right word--perhaps a "reflection on"?). The beer, brewed in Toronto by Rainhard Brewing, is a 6% IPA. Clearer than most of the currently IPAs on the market I. Ontario, 525,600 Minutes is a bright gold ale that pours with a sudsy off-white foam.



... Minutes has a cheery fruit and pine aroma. The flavour is similarly constructed, with nectarine and evergreen notes mingling into a pleasant tonic. The beer might be a touch too sweet initially, but the back end has enough bitterness to assuage my concerns.

I ordered four of these guys from Rainhard as part of a much larger mail order, but I almost instantly regretted not buying a few more, as it was the star of my mélange. Also, for each can sold, a non-specified amount is donated to the truly excellent Buddies in Bad Times Theatre “in hopes that we can all enjoy live theatre again in the not to distant future”, which is rad (though I’d like to know the figures). The beer was a bit sweet and coulda been stronger, but the flavour was electric and I liked it quite a bit.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment