Sunday 16 May 2021

Bianca Mango Lassi Gose

 A 473mL can of Omnipollo’s mango lassi gose Bianca found its way to me via my ol’ pal WFM. The beer contains 6% alcohol and it’s made with oats, wheat, mango, and lactose sugar. The beer hails from Stockholm and Toronto. It’s an orange-gold colour and pours with a quickly receding white foam.



This version of Bianca has a punchy mango aroma. The flavour is similarly mango-rich, with a quirky yogurty tang that really does provide a lassi-like vibe. In terms of texture, the beer is quite smooth with a touch of kefir-style acidity.

Odd but tasty, the mango lassi Bianca is a bit of a trip. I liked it more than I expected to, though I’d not be in a hurry to down a second. Still, it did exactly what it promised and that’s worth a lot.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment