Monday 24 August 2020

Solstice Double Dry Hopped Sour

At a respectable 5.5%, I found Solstice Double Dry Hopped Sour practically irresistible when putting together a mail order from Toronto’s Bandit Brewery, though the price tag for a single bottle, while not outrageous, convinced me that one was enough. Sold in 500mL bottles, Solstice proved to be a hazy pale straw ale with a fluffy white head.

Solstice has a tart aroma accented with lychee. The flavour, too, has some lychee elements, as well as some sour plum. Of the double dry hopping, I can’t say that I detected a whole lot, other than a floral surge at the back end.

In Solstice, I found a sour beer that was worthy of the name, but a DDH beer with questionable pedigree. I liked, but didn’t love it.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment