Friday 28 August 2020

Quantum Leap Double Dry Hopped IPA

 The gang at Toronto’s Rorschach Brewing Co. Are responsible for Quantum Leap Double Dry Hopped IPA, a 5.5% alcohol ale is brewed with Galaxy and Vic Secret hops, as well as oats and wheat. The beer comes in 355mL cans. When de-canned, it’s a hazy orange-gold colour topped with a fluffy white head.


QL has a sweet nectarine and mango aroma. It has a juicy, fruity aroma with a hint of sticky resin at the back end. The beer has a velvety smooth texture, though it also came off as a bit thin.

The copy on the sign of the can promised “notes of fuzzy peach candy”, which caught my eye and imagination, and I’d say that Quantum Leap delivered. I’d have liked more body, and a bit more booze, but it was still a pretty playful little ale and I’m pleased to know that I have another three in the fridge to which I can look forward.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment