Tuesday 22 October 2019

Farmer in the Sky Dry Hopped Pilsner

According to its 473mL can, Farmer in the Sky Dry Hopped Pilsner is the brainchild of True History Brewing in Toronto, though it’s actually brewed in Calgary by Last Spike Brewery. The beer is a 4.9% pale lager.

A sunny, effervescent, and slightly hazy yellow gold brew, Farmer in the Sky has a mild dry and grainy aroma. In contrast, the flavour is pretty rowdy, with a grainy backbone supplemented with floral notes and a slightly coppery vibe. The finish is decently bitter, but not as crisp and punchy as I’d have liked.

Farmer in the Sky is a fair take of the dry-hopped pilsner. Bitter and full-flavoured, but not as crisp and abrupt as I’d have liked, the beer shows promise and I’d probably revisit it. Now that True History Brewing is on my radar, I’ll be keeping an eye out for future releases.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment