Thursday 20 June 2019

Wellington Chocolate Milk Stout

With a 473mL can that features a rubber boot-wearing bovine, Chocolate Milk Stout comes from Guelph, Ontario’s Wellington Brewery. The beer, a healthy 6.6% stout, is brewed with flaked oats, lactose, and cocoa powder. It’s a coal coloured ale that pours with a healthy tan head and exudes a sweet yet bitter chocolate aroma.

Chocolate Milk Stout has a rich, cocoa flavour and a pleasingly thick mouthfeel. It’s modestly bitter (20 IBUs) and I’d suggest it could have been more so. It has a definite chocolate milk vibe, so it nails that, and the strength is good; however I’d have liked a deeper dive into IBU Land and a little less sweetness.

As an after dinner beer, I think Wellington’s Chocolate Milk Stout is a tasty treat. I’d serve the heck out of this stuff with vanilla ice cream, and I bet it’d slay. I’d like it to be more bitter, but it has great strength and it doesn’t taste artificial.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment