Saturday 2 February 2019

You’re My Boy Blue-Berry Wheat Beer

You’re My Boy Blue-Berry Wheat Beer is a 4.5% alcohol salute to the film Old School and its beloved character, Joseph “Blue” Pulaski. Sold in 650mL bottles, You’re My Boy comes from Picton, Ontario, where it is made by Prince Eddy’s Brewing Company. It’s brewed with local (Prince Edward County)  blueberries and lactose to create a hazy golden ale with a purplish hue, some berry skin sediment, and a thin layer of off-white suds.

You’re My Boy has a juicy blueberry nose. Its flavour is mild, with mellow wheat notes, a gentle yeast lilt, and a subtle berry charge. The mouthfeel is thin, but agreeably smooth.

A decent little flavoured beer, You’re My Boy is a summery wheat beer that is refreshing, but which lacks impactful flavour. A thirst quencher with just a whisper of blueberry, this beer is accessible, but not elite.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment