Sunday 24 January 2016

Louis XVII Amber Ale

Louis XVII Amber Ale comes from northern New Brunswick, where its brewed by Les Brasseurs du Petit-Sault. I had a goblet full on draught at Fredericton standout Isaac's Way while waiting for a tasty bowl of seafood chowder. According to the Petit-Sault website, this beer clocks in at 5.5% alcohol.

A bit dark for an amber ale, Lou 17 came my way clear, reddish brown, and topped with a thin off-white disc of head. It has a malty, coppery nose--mild but agreeable. On the flavour side of things, tastes are slightly fruity, malt-driven, and a tad metallic. Mouthfeel is smooth, but a bit thin.

There are some roasted elements that I liked, and a soft touch of tartness, too. Too thin by half, but an interesting little brew from my home province. Makes me want to try more of their offerings.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment