Tuesday 24 February 2015

Guest Review: Molson Canadian Cider--Stone Fruit

My lovely wife received a couple of freebie cans of Molson Canadian's Stone Fruit Cider as a Klout perk. They languished in the back of the fridge for a few months, until finally she decided to crack one open. I suggested a guest review. She demurred. "It's not beer," said she. "No shit," I tried not to say. Instead, I observed, "It's my blog, and I can post whatever I want." Even if it is stupid cider. So here are her thoughts, as elaborated on by yours truly:

Molson Canadian Stone Fruit Cider comes in at 5% alcohol and is sold in a 473mL can. "It smells like apple juice" and "tastes peachy". She notes that peach is the overwhelming flavour, but "there's a ghost of apricot." Described as "almost a perfume-y taste", she notes that this cider wasn't as juicy as expected.

In sum, the Missus observed that Molson's Stone Fruit Cider isn't refreshing, but drinks easily. My favourite part of her review is the following: "I wouldn't buy this, but I can finish it." So there.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment