Sunday 18 August 2013

Crosswind Pale Ale

I'm not going to lie--Crosswind Pale Ale was a bit of a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad beer by any stretch. However,
a relatively new pale ale out of Ontario, sold in really cool looking bottles with snazzy bi-planes on the label--I guess I just really wanted to like this stuff, and I was a bit bummed when it was just O.K.

Crosswind comes from Baysville, Ontario, where it is brewed by the Lake of Bays Brewing Company. It's a lightly carbonated, clear golden ale and pours with a cloud of white head. Crosswind features a fairly mild, toasty aroma. It has a reasonably toasty. flavour. The label told me to expect "fresh citrus notes", but in all honesty, I didn't really pick any up. There is a decent degree of nuttiness though, which I enjoyed. Also, the mouthfeel was unexpectedly crisp and refreshing.

I guess what left me wanting more was my expectation that this pale ale would be considerably more bitter than it was. I really wanted there to be a well developed and potent hop profile that just wasn't there.

Crosswind Pale Ale is sold in 341mL bottles and contains 5% alcohol.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment