Tuesday 23 July 2013

Yellowbelly St. John's Stout

My least favourite (but still quite good) offering from the excellent Yellowbelly Brewery and Public House, the St. John's Stout is a classic looking stout--dark amber (almost black) with a thick and velvety cream head. Unfortunately, I was so wrapped up in my pint that there were two things that I neglected to two: I forgot to check the alcohol percentage and I forgot to snap a photo.  Nice work, Stout Man.

S.J.S. has a relatively mild aroma that features some malty molasses notes. It has a smooth, creamy mouthfeel and an understated flavour that features notes of mocha and molasses. The thing that I liked best about this stuff was its pretty decent bitter finish.

S.J.S. has a nice flavour; however, I'd have liked there to be more of it. This stuff just wasn't as robust as I like my stouts to be. It's good stuff, just not all that memorable.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment