Monday 29 July 2013

Newfoundland Macro Brews: Jockey Club


Jockey Club is brewed in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador by the Labatt Brewing Company. It's sold in classic 341mL semi-stubby bottles and contains 5% alcohol. According to its label, Jockey Club has "True Newfoundland Character". I presume that this stuff is a pale lager. Unlike the other Newfoundland macros which I sampled in cheery St. John's barrooms, I bought myself a sixer of Jockey Club and threw it in the mini fridge in our hotel room (hence the rocks glass).



J.C. is a golden coloured brew with very little head, but a decent bill of carbonation. It has an agreeable cereal grain aroma. It has an unsurprising flavour--mild corn sweetness with a gently bitter finish. This stuff is not bad, but unremarkable. There wasn't really all that much for me to write about.

Rating: 6.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment