Wednesday 6 June 2012

Thwaites Lancaster Bomber

Thwaites Lancaster Bomber is a pleasant bitter born in Lancashire, England, where it is brewed by Danial Thwaites.  It checks in at 4.4% alcohol and is sold in 500mL bottles. The label proclaims that this brew is "So more-ish", which I think is pretty adorable.
 It pours a clear amber/tawny colour with a bit of off-white head.  It is lightly carbonated and has an aroma that's all warmth and toffee, with a dose of bitterness. The flavour goes from sweet to bitter and contains notes of buttery toffee and hops.

If I had my druthers, I'd probably choose to have a bit more bitterness a bit earlier in the flavour, but this is a fine ale.  Well worth your time.  When I finished my bottle, my first thought was that I wished I had a second.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment