Friday 22 June 2012

Taps Vanilla Wheat

In March, Partner and I spent a weekend in Niagara Falls with another couple (who are awesome).  We checked out a local brewpub called Taps on Queen and sampled a couple of their pints. One of them was the Taps Vanilla Wheat, which I ordered because it sounded like a novelty that would make for interesting blogging. My expectations were pretty low, but the beer turned out to be quite excellent. It was really a pleasant surprise.
I had a pint on tap. It arrived a nearly opaque milky gold colour--pretty swampy looking. There wasn't a whole lot of head to speak of. The Vanilla Wheat had a sweet, slightly citric aroma. It had a buttery, yeasty body with some subtle vanilla notes and a mellow fruit sweetness. This is a pretty nuanced little brew--not at all the sickly sweet pint I was expecting.  If in Niagara Falls, Taps Vanilla Wheat is worth looking into.
Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment