Sunday 21 November 2021

Bootleg Blonde

Bootleg Blonde is a 5%, 21 IBU blonde from the team at Waller St. Brewing out of Ottawa. According to the copy, this beer makes use of Belgian yeast. It’s a murky orange gold ale with a hefty layer of white foam.



It has a sweet, peppery aromatic profile that put me in mind of a saison. The flavour starts sweet and malty, but swerves a bit into a modestly spicy finish.

Typically, when I think of a blonde ale, I think boring (I know there are some great ones and it’s a big tent style, but that’s just how I feel). However, Bootleg Blonde made a positive impression on me. I’d say that the Belgian influence and the spice made the beer considerably more interesting than a run-of-the-mill blonde ale.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment