Friday 1 October 2021

Limberlost Bruin

 Sawdust City Brewing Co.‘s Limberlost Bruin is a 6.5% alcohol bière de garde. Sold in 473mL cans, the beer is brewed using SC’a house yeast, as well as a wild strain; the former aged in stainless and the latter in puncheons—wooden casks. The beer is constructed with a trio of hops and NINE different malts, including oat flakes and wheat.



L.B. is a lovely looking ruby ale. It’s clear and pours with a short-lived off-white foam. The beer has aromatics that are metallic, funky, and tart. It tastes tangy, initially, with sour apple and cherry notes, and drifts toward a coppery finish. Throughout, wild yeast funk is on display, but it isn’t overpowering.

Limberlost Bruin proved a pretty interesting offering. I bought four cans and truthfully, I didn’t love the first can, which I downed late on a Friday night, but in a more mindful and contemplative mood a few days later, I found the beer had a lot to say and did so with some style. I expected to like Limberlost Bruin more, but the Blonde was definitely my preferred take.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment