Sunday 7 June 2020

Double Lunatic Fridge

A gift from the wily WFM, Double Lunatic Fridge comes to my via the gang at Toboggan Brewing Company in London, Ontario. Ostensibly a double IPA, this stuff actually only contains 7% alcohol, which makes me question its categorization. However, I know that there is a less potent ale called Lunatic Fridge in the Toboggan catalogue, so I can see why they named it as they did.

Sold in 473mL cans, DLF is a beautiful looking beer—slightly hazy, golden, and blanketed in a durable layer of white suds. Citrus and metallic notes characterize the aroma. Classic West Coast stylings drive the flavour, with bright citrus and just a whisper of pine leading a pleasant bitter charge.

As I’ve already mentioned, my biggest beef with DLF is misclassification, because this ain’t no double IPA. But it’s not a bad IPA, by any stretch. Perhaps a bit forgettable, but Double Lunatic Fridge doesn’t suffer from any notable defects and it benefits from a crisp, agreeable flavour.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment