Wednesday 27 May 2020

Godspeed Goodies--Mine American-Style Pale Ale

Godspeed Brewery’s take on the APA is called Mine American-Style Pale Ale, a 5.6% brew sold in great-looking 355mL cans. The beer is a slightly hazy copper-gold ale that pours with a brief layer of fluff that quickly recedes into an off-white circlet.


Mine has a faint toasted malt aroma with some biscuit and metallic notes. The flavour kicks off with grain and sweetness, and it culminates with a gentle, underwhelming floral bitterness.

Toronto’s Godspeed thrives on creating subtle, soft-spoken ales and lagers, and I prefer my APAs to be assertive and boisterous. In fairness, Mine’s delicate flavour is interesting and well-executed; it just isn’t really to my own taste. Of all of the beers I’ve enjoyed from Godspeed, Mine struck me as a lesser offering. To be clear, though: still pretty good.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment