Monday 20 January 2020

Woodhouse APA Beer

Watching a little late-season NFL action on a chilly Sunday, I wanted a beer, but didn’t want anything too high octane. So I decided on a nice American pale ale. Woodhouse APA Beer comes from Toronto’s Woodhouse Brewing Co. It’s a 4.9% ale sold in 473mL cans.


The beer is hazy and golden, though its appearance is slightly marred by the appearance of some sediment. It poured with a healthy layer of creamy white suds. Woodhouse APA Beer has a bright, apricot and orange nose. Its flavour is pretty light and fruit-focused, with citrus and orange blossom at the fore. The finish has a little bit of bitterness, but it isn’t as sharp as my ideal APA might be.

I’m someone who really values names. For that reason, I’m always a little irked when I see a beer, like Woodhouse’s APA Beer and the rest of the Woodhouse lineup, that doesn’t take advantage of a proper moniker. That doesn’t change the taste of the beer or its rating—just something that bugs me. The beer itself was decent. I’d have liked less visible sediment and a crunchier hops finish, but I dug the apricot aromatics.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment