Thursday 5 December 2019

Go For Broke Kellerbier

Go For Broke Kellerbier is a 5.7% brew from Radical Road Brewing out of Toronto. The beer, a hazy, champagne-hued number, comes in 355mL cans and pours with a short-lived white head.

 
RR’s take on this old world German-style lager has a sweet, yeasty nose with banana aromatics. The flavour is quite full-bodied, with a sweet to bitter progression. There are yeast and banana notes up front and a toasty bitterness at the back end.

Kellerbier is not a style that I see everyday, and I haven’t been lucky enough to try for than a handful. Therefore, I don’t know how this brew stacks up compared to the world’s finest Kellerbiers. That said, I know that I really liked this one. It was rich and bursting with interesting flavours.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment