Friday 29 November 2019

Avling IPA


Avling IPA comes from Toronto’s Avling Brewery, where the 6% ale is deposited into stylish 355mL cans. The beer, a light gold potion, pours with a thin covering of off-white suds.

With potent notes of tropical fruit, Avling IPA has a glorious aroma. The flavour has a sweet and juicy front end, with pineapple elements integrated brilliantly. That gives way to a floral, slightly earthy finish that maintains the fruitiness and is excellently bitter.

While I’m tempted to be effusive in my praise of Avling IPA (my first taste beer from this relatively new east-end brewery), there were a couple of things I’d have changed. Foremost, I’d have upped the octane just a bit to something closer to 7%. But also, I’d have smoothed out the front end to make it just a little less sweet. Otherwise, this is a fantastic IPA. The finish, particularly, is compelling.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment